This individual will be responsible for the brick and mortar U.S. retail operation and will (i) serve as the strategic leader to drive positive growth in culture, revenue and profitability, (ii) be a visionary for growth opportunities across existing and new types of retail footprints (iii) evolve talent management across the entire team and (iv) develop and demonstrate the tactical day to day management of the operation and experience to meet the Garrett brand standards of excellence.
All Shop Operations leads for the U.S. will report into the Director of Retail Operations. The Director of Retail Operations will be able to present and implement alternative structures that are best suited to enable the business to achieve growth goals.
The Director of Retail Operations will report to and work closely with the broader Executive Team, including the CEO.
Key areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Ensure adherence to Garrett standards of its brand architecture and heritage
· Develop and manage 4-wall P&L to ensure targets are consistency met
· Build accountability from Shop Managers
· Work hands-on in Shop locations
· Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures including product quality and superior customer experience
· Identify, develop and execute strategic plans to grow top line, improve performance and enhance the experience
· Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop merchandising and retail focused initiatives to drive brand awareness, footfall and sales growth
· Build, manage and execute training and development, inclusive of content management
· Actively coaches all team members for performance and growth.
· Holds team accountable and makes appropriate changes to management if performance does not meet standards
· Update as necessary and enhance existing Standard Operating Procedures
· Recruit, train and hire new talent based on the philosophy around talent management
· Develop and assess team structure and compensation to ensure team is appropriately aligned to meet business goals
· Advise and ‘sit at the table’ with Executive Team to develop current and future retail growth strategy
· Actively prepares for and supports new shop openings as required.
· Engages guests regularly seeking direct feedback, understands each retail locations customer personality and what success qualities are transferrable to existing and new locations with similar demographics and physical attributes
- 10+ years of Food and Beverage or QSR retail operations management experience with multi-unit / region accountability
- Experience developing value creation plans and taking concept to execution
- Strong understanding of financials and impact to business (P&L, Cash Flow Statements)
· Strong understanding of back of house vs. front of house management
· Experience managing teams and driving valuable results
· Experience developing, tracking and managing to KPIs across operations
· Ability to build and maintain accountability
· Strong presentation skills with the ability to deliver clear, concise and compelling messages
· Maintain standards of honesty and integrity
· Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
· Encourages candid feedback, new perspectives, continuous learning and self-development
· Models team qualities such as respect, helpfulness and cooperation
· Ability to work independently and within a fast paced, team environment
· Highly proficient at building strong, lasting relationships across all levels from senior leadership to retail staff