At Garrett Brands, we own two of Chicago’s most beloved and storied brands. Garrett Popcorn Shops®, “A Chicago tradition since 1949,” serves only the finest, gourmet Popcorn. And Frango®, the original mint chocolate, has celebrated its 100th Anniversary. Garrett Popcorn Shops has grown to operate over 50 shops around the globe, with an online platform that serves both B2C and B2B customers. Frango chocolates are currently distributed through both retail locations and ecommerce.
At Garrett Brands, our marketers are students of and advocates for The Consumer, delivering experiences and products that meet the needs of a diverse population in a rapidly changing retail landscape. As the Senior/Brand Manager of Ready-to-Eat (RTE) Popcorn, you will help build the foundation upon which we will accelerate growth in new channels and continue to delight our fans.
We are looking for the world's best marketing pros who follow one simple concept: "The Consumer is boss." On the brand team, you will drive learning plans and turn data-based insight into recommended action across our communications, promotions, packaging and products. You will use insights and consumer knowledge to develop meaningful innovation concepts, validate them with the consumer and build the plans to bring them to life. You will build and monitor plans that deliver against our core equities and meet our financial goals, identifying opportunities to optimize and improve. Additionally, you will partner with your cross-functional counterparts from customer experience, sales, operations and finance as you develop and implement key initiatives throughout the year.
Depending on experience level, this role may be a Brand Manager or Senior Brand Manager position. The position is best suited for someone who is a self-starter, can wear many hats and has the desire and skill to work in an entrepreneurial environment. We’re looking for someone with the courage to take smart risks, make bold choices, and take action. We are a close-knit organization where good ideas are executed quickly and the ability to pivot in the face of new learning is important. This person can also successfully navigate cross-functionally to progress multiple projects and priorities on scope, on time and on budget. This role may directly supervise and develop one or more junior marketers. The Brand Manager has broad visibility across the business and to senior management, providing the opportunity to grow in your career at Garrett Brands.
Key Components of the Role
Brand Building and Development
· Define, develop and drive strong brand positioning, competitive POD, and consumer preference for Garrett RTE Popcorn.
· Develop and nurture consumer empathy for Garrett consumers, using insight to drive marketing communication efforts and consumer promotion activations.
· Develop and maintain productive agency and cross-department relationships to enable the development and implementation of our integrated marketing campaigns.
· Utilize third-party and custom research data analysis to identify and recommend growth opportunities for our new RTE business.
· Lead business analytics and tracking (both online and in-shops) to deliver against business objectives & brand strategies and to measure their success.
Innovation/New Product Development
· Ability to spot unmet consumer needs and help define Innovation Strategic Pillars & White Spaces
· Design and craft plans for consumer and channel innovation projects including concept, design, product, pack, and full mix development
· Lead commercialization efforts to bring new innovation to life via retail and eCommerce launches.
· Bring a mindset of sustainability into product design and development
· Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
· Minimum 3-5 years of strong CPG marketing experience; Food and Beverage experience preferred.
· Strong Emotional Intelligence, interpersonal and communication skills
· A passion for Consumer and Shopper understanding.
· A balance of art & science – ability to think creatively and strategically, and to define strategies with strong business mindset.
· Proven track record of innovation commercialization and “scrappy” launch marketing/promotion plan development and execution; Shopper Marketing experience is a plus.
· Clear demonstrations of motivating/leading cross-functional teams, team management, and Project Management
· Strong time management and prioritization skills, operating with independence, urgency and attention to detail
· Working knowledge/understanding of Digital Marketing, eCommerce - Amazon and Retailer.com
· Strong briefing and agency management experience
· Experience in Forecasting and Marketing Budget Management
Apply for This Role
Click here to submit your resume.