Take Me Out to the Ball Game… Are you interested in joining a team of fun, friendly and energetic people? If so, Garrett Popcorn Shops is the place for you! We are looking for several wonderful people to join our Baseball Kiosk Teams for the Cubs & White Sox stadium. Garrett Popcorn Shops offers competitive wages and benefits including paid vacation, insurance, and 401k. Check out our job description below and reply with your resume if serving Garrett Popcorn fans with a smile sound like the opportunity for you!
Position title: Kiosk/Concession Shift Lead
The Kiosk/Concession Shift Lead plays a vital role in delivering best-in-class fan experience to customers at Wrigley and Guaranteed Rate Field. The ideal candidate will be passionate, personable, reliable, energetic, engaging, proactive and welcoming. This is a full-time seasonal opportunity.
Shift Leaders play a versatile role in daily kiosk/concessions operations to create a fun and exciting experience for our fans and Team Members, while maintaining a clean and efficient atmosphere. The Shift Leader reports to the Shop Manager and Assistant Shop Manager and is responsible for managing the team members through all business essentials each shift. Shift Leaders are empowered to make daily business decisions to help drive guest loyalty and sales throughout each shift.
All Team Members hired to support the baseball stadiums will receive in-Shop training to learn and familiarize with the brand. If Team Members meet expectations and have a good performance record, then they will have the opportunity to transfer to other Garrett Popcorn Shop locations after the baseball season concludes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the management of departmental team through each work shift daily; approximately 5 to 10 team members depending
- Oversees and evaluates work when Shop Managers and/or Assistant Shop Mangers are not present, holds team accountable to all job requirements
- Poise to handle high stress and high-volume operation
- Self-starter with initiative and drive to accomplish tasks with urgency
- Creates a fun and welcoming experience for all guests and Team Members which enables superb customer experience
- Ensures proactive and easy solutions are available for Team Members and guests
- Holds Team Members accountable to meeting daily business needs and objectives throughout each shift
- Responsible for reporting all EOD and shift specific Shop performance metrics in accordance with Garrett procedures
- Responsible for all cash management throughout each shift including but not limited to opening and closing procedures
- Provides continuous training and development for all current and new Team Members during their shift and/or in their department, using all best practices
- Assists and supervises kitchen preparation, production, and waste of all Garrett recipes while strictly following all production procedures
- Ability to discern recipe adherence through taste to guarantee all Garrett Popcorn is of the highest quality
- Coach and lead all guest-facing procedures and interactions to certify that every guest leaves happy
- Conduct shift meetings on a consistent basis to provide clear communication to team
- Effective and safe use of all equipment on a day-to-day basis
- Open and appropriate communication with all levels of Shop and Corporate Team Members to run the business effectively
- Able to lift 50+ lbs. and stand on his/her feet for up to 8 hours
- If applicable, effectively input and audit team timecards for completion and accuracy at the end of each shift; reports any concerns to Shop Manager and Assistant Shop Manager.
- Must be 18 years or older to work at White Sox (Guaranteed Rate Stadium) Must be 21 years or older to work at Cubs (Wrigley Stadium)
- Must possess basic math skills and be able to make correct change.
- Basic knowledge of the functions of POS systems and cash registers preferred.
- Experience with food prep in a fast-paced environment is preferred but not necessary.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Must have current Illinois Food Handler Certificate.
- A minimum of one year in a food & beverage management position is required
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, ability to multi-task, and a dynamic personality is a must!
- Competitive wages
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Team Member Discount
You must be able to work weekends, no exceptions. We are busiest Thursday - Sunday and cannot guarantee all or multiple full weekends off. We can work with school schedules and other work schedules.
To ensure the safety of our team members as well as our guests, we have implemented CDC guidelines and COVID-19 protocols at all of our Shop locations.
Apply for This Role
Click here to submit your resume.