Garrett Brands LLC. is the parent company for Garrett Popcorn Shops and Frango Chocolate. We are looking for a Digital Designer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the principles of User Experience (UX). This role will be responsible for content design across ecommerce, email, blogs, and digital menu boards in the US, with opportunity to influence our Southeast Asian counterparts. This person will work within a larger creative team, reporting to the Creative Director, and working collaboratively with marketing to understand the strategic objectives and IT to understand the requirements for technical implementation.
· Design visual imagery and text formatting & placement for e-commerce, blogs, digital menu boards, and email, ensuring they achieve our marketing strategy and complement our brand.
· Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design, recommending content hierarchy, layout, and user flow to optimize user experience (UX).
· Utilize content management systems to support your work (eg Contentful, Zendesk, shared cloud drives).
· Collaborate with fellow Garrett team members, departments, and stakeholders on expanding the Garrett digital commerce footprint.
· Inform and influence the creative process, ensuring content requirements are captured within the production process (eg photography, videography, etc).
· Collaborate with backend developers and partners throughout the implementation and build process.
· Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines.
· Stay up to date on emerging design and consumer UX/UI trends.
· Support A/B testing efforts to identify improvements for the e-commerce/web experience.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· 4+ years’ work experience within a team-based organizational structure
· Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and develop concepts that are engaging and relevant
· Blends exceptional creativity with an understanding of the technical requirements for successful implementation
· Well-organized to deliver quality work that is on-brief and on-time
· Demonstrated understanding of key digital design principles and “mobile first” concepts
· Direct experience with and demonstrated proficiency in ADA compliant design (Americans with Disabilities Act)
· Comfortable with Adobe XD and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
· Ability to work under tight timelines and multi-task
· Experience working with food & beverage brands a plus
· Familiar with responsive design requirements
· Familiar with content management systems and/or digital asset management systems (eg Contentful)
· Familiar with project management or ticketing systems (eg Jira)
· BigCommerce or other equivalent e-commerce platform experience a plus
· Experience with testing platforms/prototype platforms (eg InVision) a plus
Apply for This Role
Email resume to Kara@GarrettBrands.com to apply for this role.