Garrett Brands is looking for an entry level, career minded Financial Analyst to join their Finance team at the corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL.
Garrett Brands is a global business with a focus on selling gourmet confections through brick-and-mortar locations, as well as through eCommerce and retailer channels. Key responsibilities include data analysis, performance reporting, and KPI development and reporting for the global Garrett Popcorn line of business, as well as the Frango chocolate line of business.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work under complete discretion and confidentially, and has a willingness to learn and grow.
- Provide financial analysis for the Domestic and International business of Garrett Popcorn Shops
- Maintain, summarize, and distribute weekly operations reports to business leaders and operation managers across the business
- Develop reports summarizing the performance of promotions
- Review financial variances against budget, forecast, and prior year actual performance
- Analyze market opportunities and assist in creating strategies for new lines of growth that will drive revenue and manage costs (i.e. promotional/marketing offers, new business channels, etc.)
- Maintain budgets, track performance, and communicate with budget owners and accounting team
- Prepare financial reporting package for senior management team encompassing financial statement, analysis reports, and KPI dashboards
- Support Sales Team in optimizing trade spend and resolving customer deductions
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as part of the Finance team to support company’s continued growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- 1-2 years’ experience in finance or accounting role
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of financial analysis, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to prioritize tasks and respond to quick turnaround time in rapidly changing environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with all levels of management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products to include intermediate to excellent Excel capabilities (pivot tables, sumifs, vlookup, etc.)
- Strong discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
Apply for This Role
Email resume to Kara@GarrettBrands.com to apply for this role.