At Garrett Brands, we own two of Chicago’s most beloved and storied brands. Garrett Popcorn Shops®, “A Chicago tradition since 1949,” serves only the finest, gourmet Popcorn. And Frango®, the original mint chocolate, has celebrated its 100th Anniversary. Garrett Popcorn Shops has grown to operate over 50 shops around the globe. Frango chocolates are currently distributed through both retail locations and ecommerce. As we continue to grow, we are excited to expand our Human Resources department and are currently seeking applicants for a Human Resources Assistant.
The Human Resources Assistant will be one of the first points of contact for general employee inquiries. The HR Assistant will provide administrative support for several human resources functional areas including but not limited to personnel file management, benefits administration, employee recognition, performance management and event planning for our Team! This position is a part of a team that has a direct impact of the culture at Garrett Brands!
- Create and maintain personnel files and related documents ensuring all documents are received, complete, accurate, and filed timely.
- Create, update, and maintain HR checklists, including but not limited to new hires and terminations.
- Assist in supporting bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now platform.
- Complete and file employment verifications and background checks.
- Proactively update HR documents and materials as needed and make recommendations for changes/improvements.
- Update and maintain required elements of ADP Workforce Now related to employee records and communications.
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and executing company events to include recommendation, proposals, and staff communications.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and administration of a wellness program.
- Assist and plan ongoing Human Resources training and development programs for our Team.
Experience and abilities:
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of HR experience with exposure to several HR functional areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and proofreading abilities that do not hinder meeting deadlines
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
- Experience utilizing ADP Workforce Now is a plus
Apply for This Role
Email resume to Kara@GarrettBrands.com to apply for this role.