Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager
Pay Structure: 50K – 65K; Salaried role
Garrett Popcorn is seeking a person with experience working in a food manufacturing environment. An ideal candidate has experience working in an SQF environment. In this role, the candidate is expected to assist in implementing and maintaining SQF at our food manufacturing site. The QA Coordinator would also support and improve upon all existing quality programs. This individual will work closely with all team members in the workforce to write and validate standard operating procedures and guidelines. The QA Coordinator will also ensure that the Food Safety Program is maintained and followed, as well as provide optimum service and quality for all products. The candidate must have a college degree and experience in Food Safety, HACCP, GMPs, and Safe Food Quality Systems (SQF).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Audit and evaluate activities related to the Safe Quality Food Program (SQF).
- Act as backup SQF Practitioner when the QA manager is out.
- Create SOPs where needed.
- Manage SOPs for the food manufacturing site.
- Participate and prepare for all food safety audits.
- Ensure all quality-controlled documentation, both electronic and printed, are up-to-date and accurate.
- Perform audits of COA’s for ingredients.
- Ensure personnel follow GMPs and good hygiene practices.
- Assist in training employees regarding food safety.
- Coach, assist, and drive timely audit corrective actions.
- Conduct root cause analysis on defective materials.
- Review daily quality paperwork for accuracy.
- Conduct monthly audits.
- Stand and walk for extended periods.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and equivalent work experience required.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- HACCP Certification required.
- Proficient in all MS Office Suite applications.
- Working knowledge of the principles of manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of national, state, and local regulatory requirements in the areas of food safety, safety, environment, and emergency management.
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement processes.
- Must understand microbiological contaminates.
- Be self-motivated, a self-starter and self-directed to work without close supervision in a team environment.
- Hard working, dependable, safety and quality conscious.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-disciplined and time management skills.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required.
- Must pass a state/federal background check.
- PCQI Certification is a plus.
- SQF Practitioner Certification is a plus.
- Experience in an SQF facility is a plus.
- Internal Auditor Training is a plus.
Apply for This Role
Click here to submit your resume.