Are you interested in joining a team of fun, friendly and energetic people? If so, Garrett Popcorn Shops® is the place for you! We are looking for several wonderful people to join our Chicago team. Garrett Popcorn Shops® offers competitive wages and benefits including paid vacation, insurance, and 401k.
Our Cooks turn our ingredients into something uniquely delicious, by continuing the Garrett tradition of handcrafted popcorn made in small batches. They take great pride in consistently producing top quality Garrett Popcorn each day and helping maintain stock levels to ensure a steady supply of Garrett Popcorn for each guest. If you think you could help continue the Garrett tradition of handcrafted popcorn made in small batches, our Cook position may be right for you.
- Smile, have fun, and maintain a positive, upbeat attitude
- Follow all recipes with no variation to ensure Garrett Popcorn Shops is always serving the highest quality products
- Ensure product quality, freshness, and presentation meet the Garrett Popcorn Shops standards
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are met, including the proper function of store equipment
- Ensure FIFO rotation of all ingredients and prepared product
- Taste product frequently to ensure top quality
- Every team member is responsible for ensuring that their store is clean, presentable to customers, and fully stocked at all times (includes sharing cleaning responsibilities
- Standing a minimum of 4 hours per day
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and occasionally lift 50 pounds
You must be able to work weekends, no exceptions. We are busiest Thursday through Sunday and cannot guarantee all or multiple full weekends off. We can work with school schedules and other work schedules.
To ensure the safety of our team members as well as our guests, we have implemented CDC guidelines and COVID-19 protocols at all our Shop locations. Learn more >
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must possess basic math skills and be able to make correct change
- Basic knowledge of the functions of POS systems and cash registers preferred
- Experience with food prep in a fast-paced environment is preferred but not necessary
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Must have current Illinois Food Handler Certificate
Apply for This Role
Click here to submit your resume.