At Garrett Brands, we own two of Chicago’s most beloved and storied brands. Garrett Popcorn Shops®, “A Chicago tradition since 1949,” serves only the finest, gourmet Popcorn. And Frango® Chocolate, with an origin story founded in both Seattle and Chicago, over 100 years ago. Garrett Popcorn Shops has grown to operate over 50 shops around the globe, with an online platform that serves both B2C and B2B customers. Frango chocolates are currently distributed through both retail locations and ecommerce.
We are making significant investments in marketing and creative resources to power the continued growth of these iconic businesses. You will be part of an in-house creative team that is responsible for building and maintaining the brand standards of both Garrett Popcorn Shops and Frango chocolates. This team primarily works with the marketing and operations functions in the US, Southeast Asia (SEA), and Japan to bring campaigns to life, from concept ideation to production. In this role, you will lead the concept, design, and execution of creative assets for campaigns each of these markets, showcasing seasonal news and motivating consumer purchase. This person reports to the Creative Director and collaborates heavily with fellow designers and production-support on the creative team. Projects to which you are assigned may span Shop (merchandising), web (digital), print, and packaging.
We are a small and mighty team. The entrepreneurial spirit of the company means we reward innovation and execute good ideas quickly. This position is best suited for someone who truly loves to work with a broad range of creative challenges, balancing multiple projects and timelines at once. In this role, you will have great influence over both the creative concept and the production approach to fit the design brief. The ideal candidate has a love of consumer brands and a passion for insight-driven storytelling. Our brand heavily relies on photography, both food/packaging and lifestyle, though we are also very open to talking to candidates with experience in video and stop-motion graphics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of work experience; social media and digital advertising strongly preferred; consumer brands a plus
- Strong grasp of creative principles and a proven ability to collaborate with other creative thinkers
- Knowledgeable about brand activation, live and online, and passionate about consumer marketing
- Collaborative approach to idea development; comfortable working in teams and within a constructive feedback process
- Self-sufficient, with a proven ability to follow-through on commitments on-time and on-budget
- Previous use of design software and applications; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign required
- Formal illustrating, photography, or video / motion graphics skills a plus, but not required
- Proficient at Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint); Mac laptop will be provided for your professional use
Apply for This Role
Click here to submit your resume.