At Garrett Brands, we own two of Chicago’s most beloved and storied brands. Garrett Popcorn Shops®, “A Chicago tradition since 1949,” serves only the finest, gourmet Popcorn. And Frango® Chocolate, with an origin story founded in both Seattle and Chicago, over 100 years ago. Garrett Popcorn Shops has grown to operate over 50 shops around the globe, with an online platform that serves both B2C and B2B customers. Frango chocolates are currently distributed through both retail locations and ecommerce.
We are making significant investments in our marketing resources to power the continued growth of these iconic businesses. The marketing function is a student of and an advocate for the consumer, delivering experiences and products that meet the needs of our diverse population in a rapidly changing retail landscape. As the Social Media Manager in the US, you will be the voice of Garrett Popcorn Shops on all social media channels, building engagement and customer experience satisfaction, and feeding insights into the broader integrated marketing team.
You will have three, primary responsibilities. First, you will lead content calendar development and publication in collaboration with our integrated marketing & creative teams. Second, you will engage with fans and funnel questions to the appropriate team members for timely response. You are the voice of the brand, maintaining a positive dialogue with fans while staying true to the core of Garrett Popcorn Shops. Third, you will track KPIs and share qualitative insight from our channels, to inform content optimization and future content development.
We are a small and mighty team. The entrepreneurial spirit of the company means we reward innovation and execute quickly. This position is best suited for someone who truly loves social media and the role it has in building the total consumer experience with the brand. The ideal candidate has some experience in a role like this one and can work with both in-house and agency-based creative teams, clearly communicating expectations and effectively managing timelines. This role requires passion for the consumer and for the media, viewing community management as a critical component of all marketing efforts. Please note that this role does require flexibility to work evenings and weekends, when required by the content and/or partners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of social media and community management experience; consumer brands preferred; food & beverage brands a plus
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, operating with independence and attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about brand activation, live and online, and passionate about consumer marketing
- Capable of producing analytic reports that track performance versus key indicators and recommending optimizations based on that reporting
- Demonstrated fluency with Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, Instagram Stories, LinkedIn. Proficient use of MS Office, Excel, and dashboard programs (e.g., Meltwater, Sprout Social)
- Copywriting or photography skills a plus, but not required
Apply for This Role
Click here to submit your resume.