Are you interested in leading a fun, friendly and energetic team? Do you love creating a positive atmosphere wherever you go? Check out our job description below and reply with your resume if serving Garrett Popcorn fans with a smile and helping others sounds like the role for you!
Job Summary: Shift Leaders play a versatile role in daily shop operations to create a fun and exciting experience for our fans and Team Members, while maintaining a clean and efficient atmosphere. The Shift Leader reports to the Shop Manager and Assistant Shop Manager and is responsible for managing the team members through all business essentials each shift. Shift Leaders are empowered to make daily business decisions to help drive guest loyalty and sales throughout each shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the management of departmental team through each work shift daily; approximately 5 to 30 team members depending
- Oversees and evaluates work when Shop Managers and/or Assistant Shop Mangers are not present, holds team accountable to all job requirements
- Poise to handle high stress and high-volume operation
- Self-starter with initiative and drive to accomplish tasks with urgency
- Creates a fun and welcoming experience for all guests and Team Members which enables superb customer experience
- Ensures proactive and easy solutions are available for Team Members and guests
- Holds Team Members accountable to meeting daily business needs and objectives throughout each shift
- Responsible for reporting all EOD and shift specific Shop performance metrics in accordance with Garrett procedures
- Responsible for all cash management throughout each shift including but not limited to opening and closing procedures
- Provides continuous training and development for all current and new Team Members during their shift and/or in their department, using all best practices
- Assists and supervises kitchen preparation, production, and waste of all Garrett recipes while strictly following all production procedures
- Ability to discern recipe adherence through taste to guarantee all Garrett Popcorn is of the highest quality
- Coach and lead all guest-facing procedures and interactions to certify that every guest leaves happy
- Conduct shift meetings on a consistent basis to provide clear communication to team
- Effective and safe use of all equipment on a day-to-day basis
- Open and appropriate communication with all levels of Shop and Corporate Team Members to run the business effectively
- Able to lift 50+ lbs. and stand on his/her feet for up to 8 hours
- If applicable, effectively input and audit team timecards for completion and accuracy at the end of each shift; reports any concerns to Shop Manager and Assistant Shop Manager.
- High school or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate and understand the primary language(s) used by the employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Must have (or acquire) current Serve Safe Manager certification
- A minimum of one year in a food & beverage management position is required
- Must be proficient in use of POS and Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, ability to multi-task, and a dynamic personality is a must!
- Competitive wages
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Team Member Discount
To ensure the safety of our team members as well as our guests, we have implemented COVID-19 protocols at all our Shop locations. Learn more >
Apply for This Role
Click here to submit your resume.