This Halloween, for our 71st Anniversary, we will surprise 71 random winners with treats from Garrett Popcorn Shops (50 in-Shop winners and 21 nominated winners)! Win $100 worth of Garrett Popcorn to easily share with friends, family and neighbors. For details on how to enter and official rules, please see below.
How to Enter:
- Tag @GarrettPopcorn AND
- Tag or mention the person AND
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the name & email of your nominee.
OR mail a letter postmarked by 10/1/20.
Garrett Popcorn Shops® 2020 Reverse Trick-or-Treat Nomination
Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A purchase of a product or service from the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s affiliated companies will not improve the chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state and local laws.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE TO NOMINATE OR BE NOMINATED. YOU CANNOT NOMINATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON.
BY PARTICIPATING, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT AND ARE AGREEING TO ALL OF THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THESE RULES.
- Eligibility. You and your nominee must be legal residents of the United States and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Garrett Brands LLC (“Garrett” or “Sponsor”), and its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates; advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, if applicable, and their respective family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, and siblings) are not eligible to enter. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- How to Enter. There are two alternative methods to enter. Choose one:
Method 1: Tag @GarrettPopcorn, and tag or mention person being nominated, and send an email to email@example.com. The email must include both of the nominator’s and the nominee’s names and email addresses. Please put “Trick or Treat” in the subject line. The nominator is encouraged, but not required, to include in the email a narration how the nominee inspired the nominator (“Narration”). The email must be received by Garrett by 11:59pm on October 11 (CDT), 2020. (“Valid Entries Window”).
Method 2: Sending a letter to PO Box 11342 Chicago, IL 60611. The letter must include both of the nominator’s and the nominee’s names and email addresses. The nominator is encouraged, but not required, to include in the letter a narration how the nominee inspired the nominator. The letter must be postmarked no later than October 1, 2020 (“Valid Entries Window”).
- Random Sweepstakes/Odds. Twenty-one (21) winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all the nominees of the eligible entries received by Garrett. The odds of winning the Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Neither purchase of Garrett’s products or services nor submission of Narration will increase the chances of winning.
- Prize. The following Prize will be awarded: Six (6) Petite Signature Blue Tins of Garrett Mix® and Twelve (12) Parade Packs (2.2oz bags) of Garrett Mix®. The approximate retail value of the Prize is $100.
The Prize is not transferable. No substitution of the Prize is allowed by the winners, but Garrett reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is not redeemable by winner for cash. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees and surcharges on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. Garrett will comply with all income tax reporting obligations.
Prize will be delivered to an address within the United States.
- Notification. The winners will be notified by email by October 13, 2020. The alternative winners (if any) will be notified by October 16, 2020. The Prize may be awarded to alternate winners (selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entrants) if no response to the winning notification is received within forty-eight (48) hours after the notification email was sent out.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, entering the Sweepstakes constitutes the nominator’s consent to Garrett’s use of the nominator’s name and Narration for either commercial or non-commercial purposes in any manner or media in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review, approval or consent. Except where prohibited by law, claiming the Prize by the potential winner constitutes the potential winner’s consent to Garrett’s use of the potential winner’s name and the Narration of the potential winner for either commercial or non-commercial purposes in any manner or media in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review, approval or consent. Despite the above, Garrett has no obligation to conduct any advertising or publicity associated with the nominator or nominee for any reason.
- Requirements for Claiming Prize. The prize must be claimed within forty-eight (48) hours after Garrett sends a notification via email to the potential winner. Garrett reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any winner who Garrett determines is not permitted by law to receive a prize.
- Conditions. By participating, all entrants agree (and, upon request, agree to confirm in writing) (a) to release Garrett, its affiliates, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, taxes, and/or use or misuse of the Prize, including without limitation, loss, damage, system damage, loss of property or data, claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, accidents, injuries, or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Sweepstakes, redeeming the Prize, or participation in any other Sweepstakes-related activity, (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages. Garrett is not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the Prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or acts of terrorism.
- Miscellaneous. Entries will not be acknowledged. Garrett’s decisions are final and binding with regard to this Sweepstakes.
In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the individual who is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used at the time of entry online, or provided on a paper entry. A potential winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
If it is not possible for the Sweepstakes to proceed as planned for any reason that affects the security or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or human error, Garrett reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
Garrett is not responsible for any message delivery failures, error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications failure; loss, theft or destruction of entries; unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; any technical malfunction or problem with any telephone network or lines, computer or online systems, computer equipment or software; failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Garrett or notification sent by Garrett to a potential winner (including due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website); or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
You agree that any and all disputes concerning the interpretation of this contract shall be decided under Illinois law as though all acts and omissions related to it occurred in the State of Illinois, and that the exclusive venue for any such dispute shall be the state or federal courts of Illinois, Cook County.
Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may violate criminal or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Garrett reserves the right to seek damages from that person, in addition to any other legal and/or equitable remedies that are or may be available.
- Copy of Rules/Name of Winner. For a copy of these Rules and/or the winners’ first names and the initial of the last names, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 11342 Chicago, IL 60611 no later than January 31, 2021.
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Garrett Brands LLC, with its principal address at 401 N Michigan Ave, 24th Fl, Chicago, IL 60611.